Welcome to the Website of St Joseph & St Catherine of Siena
Welcome to the website for St Catherine and St Joseph parishes, in Lisbon and Woodsville, NH! We are glad that you found us! If you are new to the area or visiting, we hope that our website will serve to give you all the information you need to come and worship with us. If you’ve been away from the faith for some time, we hope that you will find a warm and welcoming community at our parishes. At St Joseph’s and St Catherine’s, we are committed to truly living out the fullness of our beautiful and life-giving Catholic faith. This is done primarily through the Word and Sacraments, through our study and prayer, and through the interactions of our people with one another.
We are two rural community parishes which means we really become a big family. We are blessed to have a good representation of all ages and walks of life between our two communities. It is not unusual to see members banding together to help someone in a time of difficulty. In these varied and small ways we seek to image Jesus Christ and we seek to live out our call to be His disciples. If you are in the area, come and join us at mass, or adoration, or one of the talks or classes given. Please be sure to introduce yourself.
WEEKDAY MASS SCHEDULE, January 27, 2020 – February 1 , 2020
Monday, – January 27 – 9am @ St. Joseph’s – Repose of the Soul of David Lokitis by Mary Stapleton
Tuesday, January 28 – No Mass
Wednesday, January 29 – 5pm @ St. Joseph’s – Repose of the Soul of Paul Fitzemeyer by the Cataldo Family
Thursday, January 30 – 9am @ St. Catherine’s – All Souls
Friday, January 31 – 9am @ St. Joseph’s – All Souls
Saturday February 1- 9am @ St. Joseph’s – Repose of the Soul of David Lokitis by Katherine Lokitis
During Holy Week we will be replacing our old hymnals and missals with brand new hymnals and missals. If you would like to sponsor a bookin memory of a loved one, please contact the Parish Office. The cost to sponsor the book is $20.00 & there is no limit to how many you may sponsor.
Sunday January 26th @ 7:15am will be our Family Mass. After Mass we will have our first Coffee Hour. Feel free to bring a baked good to share & come join in the fellowship.
Sunday January 26th we will be showing a movie and sharing Pizza @ 4pm. Come, join the fun! Bring a friend & a blanket & pillow to get comfortable!
The Youth Ministry Group will meet January 26th @ 6pm in the Church Hall.
There will be a Workshop led by Father Sebastian for Extraordinary Eucharistic Ministers on Monday, January 27th @ 5:30pm. Please come if you are a Eucharistic minister.
St. Joseph’s Church is urgently seeking a Substitute Religious Education Teacher as well as a Long-Term Teacher. Please contact Mary Cataldo to learn more: 603-787-6672.
St. Joseph’s Church is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of bookkeeper. This is a paid position with flexible hours of up to 10 hours per week. Interested individuals please call the Parish Office @ 603-747-2038
Our Lady of Fatima traveling statue: Please call Mary Cataldo if you would like to have her in your home for a few weeks. Tel 603-787-6672
End of year Tax Statements: Any parishioner who used offertory envelopes during 2019 & would like a letter for tax purposes stating your donation amount for the year please contact the parish office. We are open Wednesday & Friday from 9am – 2 pm. Thank you to all who contributed to St. Joseph’s & St. catherine’s during the past year.
Any woman who is pregnant and in need can turn for help to the Pro-Life Movement. She never has to feel that abortion is the only option. People anywhere in the country can find assistance @ the following numbers.
Project Rachel: for Counseling & Post Abortion Help: 1-800-593-2273
Option Line/Heartbeat International: 1-800-712-HELP & you can Chat & Text @ www.OptionLine.org
Crisis Pregnancy Help Line: 1-888-4-OPTIONS
National Life Center: 1-800-848-LOVE
Local Crisis Pregnancy Centers
Pathways Pregnancy Care Center: 603-444-3991, Littleton, NH
St. Gianna’s Place: 603-521-8440, Hudson, NH stgiannasplace.org
Futures Pregnancy Care – 70 Church Street, Lyndonville, VT: 802-787-6672
Please keep these contact numbers close at hand at all times.
NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH RAMP. IT IS A FIRE LANE
For all Religious Education and Youth Group Enrollment forms, and also Lector, Servers and Eucharistic Ministers Schedules. Please go to the Ministries Page
Christmass Pageant Photos are on the Photo Page for your viewing. Thank You Rodeo & Co. Photography for taking the pictures and allowing us to use them in the bulletin.
- On February 9th @5pm there will be a mandatory meeting for those making their First Holy Communion & Confirmation & their parents. We look forward to seeing you there!
- February 9th @ 6pm will be a potluck supper & talk on the Seven Deadly Sins by Peter Cataldo. Bring a dish to share!
- World Wide Marriage Encounter
- The next Weekend is Jan 17-19 in South Kingston, RI. For more information, call Stephen & Michelle O’Leary at 800-710-9963 or visit them at https://wwmema.org/.
- Travel with Fr. Shawn M. Therrien, Pastor of St. Mary Parish in Claremont, New Hampshire & Vicar General of the Diocese of Manchester to the Holy Land with Deacon Dominic Peter Cerrato.
- Where: Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Galilee, Via Crucis, Laast Supper, Gethsemanee, Dominion of the Blessed Virgin Mary,Nativity Church, Capernaum, & Tel Aviv
- Trip Dates: April 15 – 25, 2020
- Cost: $4,099.00 Airfare and All Included
- To Register,please contact (855) 842-8001 or (508) 340-9370. You can register online @ www.proximotravel.com.
- Liturgical Ministries: Please review the needs of our Ministry. If any of the following ministries interest you and you would like more information please contact the office
- Music, Eucharistic, and Lectors