Welcome to the Website of St Joseph & St Catherine of Siena
Welcome to the website for St Catherine and St Joseph parishes, in Lisbon and Woodsville, NH! We are glad that you found us! If you are new to the area or visiting, we hope that our website will serve to give you all the information you need to come and worship with us. If you’ve been away from the faith for some time, we hope that you will find a warm and welcoming community at our parishes. At St Joseph’s and St Catherine’s, we are committed to truly living out the fullness of our beautiful and life-giving Catholic faith. This is done primarily through the Word and Sacraments, through our study and prayer, and through the interactions of our people with one another.
We are two rural community parishes which means we really become a big family. We are blessed to have a good representation of all ages and walks of life between our two communities. It is not unusual to see members banding together to help someone in a time of difficulty. In these varied and small ways we seek to image Jesus Christ and we seek to live out our call to be His disciples. If you are in the area, come and join us at mass, or adoration, or one of the talks or classes given. Please be sure to introduce yourself.
MASS SCHEDULE, June 27, 2020 – July 5, 2020
Saturday, July 11 – 9AM @ St. Joseph’s –
Saturday Evening, July 11 – 4PM – 4:45PM @ St. Joseph’s – Confession
5PM @ St. Joseph’s – For 20th Birthday Blessings for Therese Cataldo by the Cataldo Family
Sunday, July 12 – 7:15AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the People of Our Parihes
9AM @ St. Catherine’s – For All Souls
10:45AM @ St. Joseph’s – For John Bailey by the Bailey Family
Monday, July 13- 9AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Edith Murphy by Mary Stapleton
Tuesday, July 14 – No Mass
Wednesday, July 15 – 5PM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Walter Flynn by Laurie Flynn
Thursday, July 16 – 9AM @ St. Catherine’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Rita Flynn by Mary Stapleton
Friday, July 17 – 9AM @ St. Joseph’s – For All Souls
Following Mass: Adoration, Confession, and Divine Mercy Chaplet
Saturday, July 18 – 9AM @ St. Joseph’s – For All Souls
Saturday Evening, July 18 – 4PM – 4:45PM @ St. Joseph’s – Confession
5PM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Souls of Rachel & Albert Vaillancourt by George Vaillancourt and Family
Sunday, July 19 – 7:15AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Claire Kalil by Frank Kalil
9AM @ St. Catherine’s – For the People of Our Parish
10:45AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Diane Filipek by David Filipek
As we return to have Mass, there are a few things to keep in mind;
- Until further notice the bringing up of the gifts during the offertory is suspended
- The sign of peace is suspended
- The distribution of the Precious Blood is suspended
- Only 1 lector is assigned per Mass for the readings, announcements, and Prayers of the Faithfull
- Altar severs will not be ministering at this time
- Parishioners may use a daily misselette, Magnificat, or prayer book they brought from home. Please keep it in your possession at all times
- After cleaning the pews, please put the kneeler up to show that it has been cleaned. If the kneeler is down we will assume that it has not been cleaned
- During the week, please only use the middle two rows of pews, not the side two rows
- According to the Bishop’s Directives, the faithful may receive the Eucharist either in the hand or on the tongue, and that preference will be honored. After placing the host on a recipients tongue, the priest will stop to wash and sanitize his hands before continuing. For the sake of the health and safety of the minister, as well as the time required to sanitize, we ask those who usually receive on the tongue to consider receiving communion in the hand during the pandemic.
Sacristan Needed for weekend and weekday masses. Please contact Fr. Sebastian if interested: 603-747-8071
We are looking for volunteers: We need help cleaning the pews with disinfectant spray after each Mass on the weekend and during the week. Please let us know if you are interested in helping. We are most grateful!
Thank You to those of you who stayed after Mass to help disinfect the Pews! Your help is greatly appreciated!! We ask that you continue to stay after mass each week until further notice to help clean. If you won’t be able to stay, please let Father Sebastian or Lucy know so we can find others to fill in. Thank You!
We are now offering Online Giving! We encourage everyone to donate to St. Joseph’s and to St. Catherine’s Churches via Vanco Online Giving. It is easy, quick, and stress-free! In the Online Bulletin click on the Donate button. Choose St. Joseph or St. Catherine and make a one-time or weekly donation. Thank you for your generosity
St. Joseph’s and St. Catherine’s parish now have a Facebook page where you can keep up on the parish life. We encourage you to please Friend us on Facebook that way you can follow our updates. Please look up Joseph Church as a Friend and find us there.
For those of you who come to visit the Church for private prayer we ask that you please use our hand sanitizer and keep a six foot distance from others in the Church. Thank You and God Bless.
Local Crisis Pregnancy Centers
Pathways Pregnancy Care Center: 603-444-3991, Littleton, NH
St. Gianna’s Place: 603-521-8440, Hudson, NH stgiannasplace.org
Please keep these contact numbers close at hand at all times.
NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH RAMP. IT IS A FIRE LANE
For all Religious Education and Youth Group Enrollment forms, and also Lector, Servers and Eucharistic Ministers Schedules. Please go to the Ministries Page
- World Wide Marriage Encounter
- For more information, call Stephen & Michelle O’Leary at 800-710-9963 or visit them at https://wwmema.org/.
- Vocation Awareness: If you are considering a vocation to the priesthood or consecrated life, call Father Mathew Mason 663-0132 or write: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liturgical Ministries: Please review the needs of our Ministry. If any of the following ministries interest you and you would like more information please contact the office
- Music, Eucharistic, and Lectors