Welcome to the Website of St Joseph & St Catherine of Siena
Welcome to the website for St Catherine and St Joseph parishes, in Lisbon and Woodsville, NH! We are glad that you found us! If you are new to the area or visiting, we hope that our website will serve to give you all the information you need to come and worship with us. If you’ve been away from the faith for some time, we hope that you will find a warm and welcoming community at our parishes. At St Joseph’s and St Catherine’s, we are committed to truly living out the fullness of our beautiful and life-giving Catholic faith. This is done primarily through the Word and Sacraments, through our study and prayer, and through the interactions of our people with one another.
We are two rural community parishes which means we really become a big family. We are blessed to have a good representation of all ages and walks of life between our two communities. It is not unusual to see members banding together to help someone in a time of difficulty. In these varied and small ways we seek to image Jesus Christ and we seek to live out our call to be His disciples. If you are in the area, come and join us at mass, or adoration, or one of the talks or classes given. Please be sure to introduce yourself.
MASS SCHEDULE, August 15, 2020 – August 23, 2020
Saturday, August 15 – 9Am @ St. Joseph’s – All Souls
Saturday Evening, August 15 – 4PM – 4:45PM @ St. Joseph’s – Confession
5PM @ St. Joseph’s – For Fr. Sebastian and his Intentions by a Parishioner
Sunday, August 16 – 7:15AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Sally Boivin by Clifford Boivin
9AM @ St. Catherine’s – For the People of Our Parishes
10:45AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Ernie Pratt by Sue Pratt
Monday, August 17- 9AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Walter Flynn by Laurie Flynn
Tuesday, August 18 – No Mass
Wednesday, August 19 – 5PM @ St. Joseph’s – For Rose Picone; For Healing from St. Anthony by Rose Picone
Thursday, August 20 – 9AM @ St. Catherine’s – For the 4th Year Anniversary Blessings for Stevie and Ashlee Cataldo by the Cataldo Family
Friday, August 21 – 9Am @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Frances Struzzo by the Cataldo Family
Saturday, August 22 – 9Am @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Walter Flynn by Laurie Flynn
Saturday Evening, August 23 – 4PM – 4:45PM @ St. Joseph’s – Confession
5PM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Walter Flynn by Laurie Flynn
Sunday, August 23 – 7:15AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Ernie Pratt by Sue Pratt
9AM @ St. Catherine’s – For the People of Our Parishes
10:45AM @ St. Joseph’s – For the Repose of the Soul of Rita Flynn by the Cataldo Family
We are in need of someone to fill the 4-5pm time slot for Adoration. Please call Peter Cataldo if interested @ (603) 787-2504.
Volunteers needed for Good Shepherd Ecumenical Food Pantry! ! ! Hours are: Mon., Tues., and Thu. 10AM – 2PM and Wed. 6 – 7PM. Call (603) 243-0327 if interested.
As we return to have Mass, there are a few things to keep in mind;
- Until further notice the bringing up of the gifts during the offertory is suspended
- The sign of peace is suspended
- The distribution of the Precious Blood is suspended
- Only 1 lector is assigned per Mass for the readings, announcements, and Prayers of the Faithfull
- Altar severs will not be ministering at this time
- Parishioners may use a daily misselette, Magnificat, or prayer book they brought from home. Please keep it in your possession at all times
- After cleaning the pews, please put the kneeler up to show that it has been cleaned. If the kneeler is down we will assume that it has not been cleaned
- During the week, please only use the middle two rows of pews, not the side two rows
- According to the Bishop’s Directives, the faithful may receive the Eucharist either in the hand or on the tongue, and that preference will be honored. After placing the host on a recipients tongue, the priest will stop to wash and sanitize his hands before continuing. For the sake of the health and safety of the minister, as well as the time required to sanitize, we ask those who usually receive on the tongue to consider receiving communion in the hand during the pandemic.
We are now offering Online Giving! We encourage everyone to donate to St. Joseph’s and to St. Catherine’s Churches via Vanco Online Giving. It is easy, quick, and stress-free! In the Online Bulletin click on the Donate button. Choose St. Joseph or St. Catherine and make a one-time or weekly donation. Thank you for your generosity
For those of you who come to visit the Church for private prayer we ask that you please use our hand sanitizer and keep a six foot distance from others in the Church. Thank You and God Bless.
Local Crisis Pregnancy Centers
Pathways Pregnancy Care Center: 603-444-3991, Littleton, NH
St. Gianna’s Place: 603-521-8440, Hudson, NH stgiannasplace.org
Please keep these contact numbers close at hand at all times.
NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH RAMP. IT IS A FIRE LANE
For all Religious Education and Youth Group Enrollment forms, and also Lector, Servers and Eucharistic Ministers Schedules. Please go to the Ministries Page
- World Wide Marriage Encounter
- For more information, call Stephen & Michelle O’Leary at 800-710-9963 or visit them at https://wwmema.org/.
- Vocation Awareness: If you are considering a vocation to the priesthood or consecrated life, call Father Mathew Mason 663-0132 or write: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liturgical Ministries: Please review the needs of our Ministry. If any of the following ministries interest you and you would like more information please contact the office
- Music, Eucharistic, and Lectors