Welcome to the Website of St Joseph & St Catherine of Siena
Welcome to the website for St Catherine and St Joseph parishes, in Lisbon and Woodsville, NH! We are glad that you found us! If you are new to the area or visiting, we hope that our website will serve to give you all the information you need to come and worship with us. If you’ve been away from the faith for some time, we hope that you will find a warm and welcoming community at our parishes. At St Joseph’s and St Catherine’s, we are committed to truly living out the fullness of our beautiful and life-giving Catholic faith. This is done primarily through the Word and Sacraments, through our study and prayer, and through the interactions of our people with one another.
We are two rural community parishes which means we really become a big family. We are blessed to have a good representation of all ages and walks of life between our two communities. It is not unusual to see members banding together to help someone in a time of difficulty. In these varied and small ways we seek to image Jesus Christ and we seek to live out our call to be His disciples. If you are in the area, come and join us at mass, or adoration, or one of the talks or classes given. Please be sure to introduce yourself.
MASS SCHEDULE, April 4, 2020 – April 12, 2020
Saturday Evening, – April 4 – Vigil _ Palm Sunday of the Passion of The Lord – Private Mass – Repose of the Soul of Edna Powell and Souls in Purgatory by the Cataldo Family
Sunday, April 5 – Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord – Private Mass – Repose of the Soul of Randy McLaughin by Colleen Overbay; For the People of our parishes
Monday, April 6 – Private Mass – Repose of the Souls of Norman and Kathy Patoine by Winnie Patoine; Confessions – St. Joseph – 10am – 12pm
Tuesday, April 7 – No Mass
Wednesday, April 8 – Private Mass – All Souls
Thursday, April 9 – Holy Thursday – Private Mass – All Souls
Friday, April 10 – The Passion of Our Lord (Good Friday) – Private Service – All Souls; Confessions – St. Joseph – 10am – 12pm
Saturday, April 11 – Holy Saturday
Saturday Evening, April 12 – Vigil – Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of The Lord – Private Mass – Repose of the Soul of Henry Arpin by Yvonne Arpin
Sunday, April 12 – Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of The Lord – Private Mass – For the people of our parishes; Repose of the Souls of Robert and Elizabeth Davison by the Cataldo Family
Greetings from Fr. Sebastian
Please read the instructions from the office of the Bishop. Click on the Link Below.
St. Joseph Church, Woodsville will be open daily from 9am to 6pm for visits, prayers, and to pick up bulletins for the parishioners.
Please don’t forget to support the parish with your continuous generosity. You may send the envelopes or donations or offertory by mail or drop them at the rectory. Please pass this message to your family, friends, and all those who don’t have email access. I will keep posting further information in the future.
Let us be united in prayer.
Our Lady of Lourdes, Pray for us.
May the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in Peace
Prayers and Blessings, Fr. Maria Sebastian
Confessions will be available from 10am – 12pm on Monday, April 6th and Good Friday, April 10th. Please call Father Sebastian to make an appointment. We ask that you please come to the church wearing gloves and a face mask, use the hand sanitizer available (or your own if you have some) and try not to touch any of the pews or anything in the church. Also, keep a distance between you and others of six feet. Thank You and God Bless.
Due to COVID – 19 we will not be counting the offertory funds until a later date. We ask that you still continue to donate and we will add your gift to our collection. Thank You.
Our Lady of Fatima traveling statue: Please call Mary Cataldo if you would like to have her in your home for a few weeks. Tel 603-787-6672
Local Crisis Pregnancy Centers
Pathways Pregnancy Care Center: 603-444-3991, Littleton, NH
St. Gianna’s Place: 603-521-8440, Hudson, NH stgiannasplace.org
Please keep these contact numbers close at hand at all times.
NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH RAMP. IT IS A FIRE LANE
For all Religious Education and Youth Group Enrollment forms, and also Lector, Servers and Eucharistic Ministers Schedules. Please go to the Ministries Page
- World Wide Marriage Encounter
- For more information, call Stephen & Michelle O’Leary at 800-710-9963 or visit them at https://wwmema.org/.
- The Pontifical Good Friday Collection
- Pope Francis has asked our parish to support the Pontifical Good Friday Collection, which helps Christians in the Holy Land. Your support helps the church minister in parishes, provide Catholic schools and offer religious education. The Pontifical Good Friday Collection also helps to preserve the sacred shrines. The wars, unrest and instability have been especially hard on Christians. In these times of crisis, The Pontifical Good Friday Collection provides humanitarian aid to refugees. When you contribute to the Pontifical Good Friday Collection, you become an instrument of peace and join with Catholics around the world inn solidarity with the Church in the Holy Land. Please be generous!! For more information about Christians in the Holy Land, visit www.myfranciscan.org/good-friday
- Travel with Fr. Shawn M. Therrien, Pastor of St. Mary Parish in Claremont, New Hampshire & Vicar General of the Diocese of Manchester to the Holy Land with Deacon Dominic Peter Cerrato.
- Where: Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Galilee, Via Crucis, Last Supper, Gethsemane, Dominion of the Blessed Virgin Mary,Nativity Church, Capernaum, & Tel Aviv
- Trip Dates: April 15 – 25, 2020
- Cost: $4,099.00 Airfare and All Included
- To Register,please contact (855) 842-8001 or (508) 340-9370. You can register online @ www.proximotravel.com.
- Penny Sale: Saturday, June 27th @ the VFW Hall on Brushwood Road, North Haverhill. Please save any good used items to be donated for the support of our youth. Contact Mary cataldo for more information; 603-787-6672.
- Vocation Awareness: If you are considering a vocation to the priesthood or consecrated life, call Father Mathew Mason 663-0132 or write: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liturgical Ministries: Please review the needs of our Ministry. If any of the following ministries interest you and you would like more information please contact the office
- Music, Eucharistic, and Lectors