Welcome to the Website of St Joseph & St Catherine of Siena
Welcome to the website for St Catherine and St Joseph parishes, in Lisbon and Woodsville, NH! We are glad that you found us! If you are new to the area or visiting, we hope that our website will serve to give you all the information you need to come and worship with us. If you’ve been away from the faith for some time, we hope that you will find a warm and welcoming community at our parishes. At St Joseph’s and St Catherine’s, we are committed to truly living out the fullness of our beautiful and life-giving Catholic faith. This is done primarily through the Word and Sacraments, through our study and prayer, and through the interactions of our people with one another.
We are two rural community parishes which means we really become a big family. We are blessed to have a good representation of all ages and walks of life between our two communities. It is not unusual to see members banding together to help someone in a time of difficulty. In these varied and small ways we seek to image Jesus Christ and we seek to live out our call to be His disciples. If you are in the area, come and join us at mass, or adoration, or one of the talks or classes given. Please be sure to introduce yourself.
WEEKDAY MASS SCHEDULE, February 24, 2020 – February 29 , 2020
Monday, – February 24 – 8:30am @ St. Joseph’s – All Souls
Tuesday, February 25 – No Mass
Wednesday, February 26 – Ash Wednesday – 9am @ St. Catherine’s – All Souls; 5pm @ St. Joseph’s – repose of the Soul of David Lokitisb by Katherine Lokitis
Thursday, February 27 – No Mass; 9:30am – Glencliff Home for the Elderly
Friday, February 28 – 9am @ St. Joseph’s – Birthday Blessings for Declan Ulricson by Roberta Ulricson
Saturday February 29- 9am @ St. Joseph’s – Repose of the Soul of Helen Lanni and Souls in Purgatory by the Cataldo Family
NOTE: Mass will be @ 5pm in the evening on Fridays during Lent followed by the Stations of the Cross.
This Sunday February 23rd @ the 7:15am Mass will be the “Family Mass” followed by a Coffee Hour in the Church Hall. Feel free to bring a baked good to share.
The High School Youth Ministry group will be meeting this Sunday, February 23rd from 6 – 7pm in the Church Hall.
We will have a basket at the back of the church with the names of the children who will be making their First Holy Communion & Confirmation. Please take a name & pray for the child written on the paper. Thank you!
St. Rose of Lima Parish in Littleton, NH, will be having a guest performer & speaker come preach @ their church on February 23rd – 24th, 2020. His theme for Sunday will be “Identifying Where You Are” & for Monday it will be “Putting Your Faith Into Action”. All are welcome and encouraged to attend. The retreat is free of cost.
During Holy Week we will be replacing our old hymnals and missals with brand new hymnals and missals. If you would like to sponsor a book in memory of a loved one, please contact the Parish Office. The cost to sponsor the book is $20.00 & there is no limit to how many you may sponsor.
Our Lady of Fatima traveling statue: Please call Mary Cataldo if you would like to have her in your home for a few weeks. Tel 603-787-6672
End of year Tax Statements: Any parishioner who used offertory envelopes during 2019 & would like a letter for tax purposes stating your donation amount for the year please contact the parish office. We are open Wednesday & Friday from 9am – 2 pm. Thank you to all who contributed to St. Joseph’s & St. catherine’s during the past year.
Any woman who is pregnant and in need can turn for help to the Pro-Life Movement. She never has to feel that abortion is the only option. People anywhere in the country can find assistance @ the following numbers.
Project Rachel: for Counseling & Post Abortion Help: 1-800-593-2273
Option Line/Heartbeat International: 1-800-712-HELP & you can Chat & Text @ www.OptionLine.org
Crisis Pregnancy Help Line: 1-888-4-OPTIONS
National Life Center: 1-800-848-LOVE
Local Crisis Pregnancy Centers
Pathways Pregnancy Care Center: 603-444-3991, Littleton, NH
St. Gianna’s Place: 603-521-8440, Hudson, NH stgiannasplace.org
Futures Pregnancy Care – 70 Church Street, Lyndonville, VT: 802-787-6672
Please keep these contact numbers close at hand at all times.
NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH RAMP. IT IS A FIRE LANE
For all Religious Education and Youth Group Enrollment forms, and also Lector, Servers and Eucharistic Ministers Schedules. Please go to the Ministries Page
Christmass Pageant Photos are on the Photo Page for your viewing. Thank You Rodeo & Co. Photography for taking the pictures and allowing us to use them in the bulletin.
- There will be a Mandatory Meeting on March 4th & 11th @ 6pm for all children receiving their First Holy Communion & Confirmation. If you have any questions, please contact Mary Cataldo @ 603- 787-6672.
- There will be a Meatball Fundraiser the weekend of March 7th & 8th. Please buy a meatball sub to support our Youth! They are tasty!
- SAVE THE DATE: MARCH 15,2020 @ 5pm! It will be our First Holy Communion & Confirmation Mass @ St. Joseph’s Church with Bishop Peter Libasci. There will be NO Mass @ 10:45am that Sunday.
- We will be having a movie and pizza day following the March 8th 10:45am Mass @ approximately 12pm. All are invited.
- Save the Date: St. Joseph’s will be honoring the Feast of our Patron, St. Joseph, on Thursday March 19th @ 5pm. Fr. Shawn Therrien will be offering mass and we will have our Installation of Eucharistic ministers during the mass, followed by a pot luck dinner afterward to celebrate. All are welcome!
- World Wide Marriage Encounter
- For more information, call Stephen & Michelle O’Leary at 800-710-9963 or visit them at https://wwmema.org/.
- Travel with Fr. Shawn M. Therrien, Pastor of St. Mary Parish in Claremont, New Hampshire & Vicar General of the Diocese of Manchester to the Holy Land with Deacon Dominic Peter Cerrato.
- Where: Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Galilee, Via Crucis, Last Supper, Gethsemane, Dominion of the Blessed Virgin Mary,Nativity Church, Capernaum, & Tel Aviv
- Trip Dates: April 15 – 25, 2020
- Cost: $4,099.00 Airfare and All Included
- To Register,please contact (855) 842-8001 or (508) 340-9370. You can register online @ www.proximotravel.com.
- Liturgical Ministries: Please review the needs of our Ministry. If any of the following ministries interest you and you would like more information please contact the office
- Music, Eucharistic, and Lectors